News & Events

  • Le courtier mauricien en réassurance, Reinsurance Solutions, ouvre un bureau en Grande-Bretagne

    Le groupe mauricien de courtage en réassurance, Reinsurance Solutions, a ouvert une succursale à Londres en y lançant sa filiale Reinsurance...

    continue reading

  • CEO’s SPEECH AT LONDON LAUNCH ON MARCH 18TH, 2016 LONDON CAPITAL CLUB

    CEO’s SPEECH AT LONDON LAUNCH ON MARCH 18TH, 2016
    ...

    continue reading

  • AFRICAN REINSURANCE BROKER LAUNCHES LONDON OFFICE

    PRESS RELEASE
    ...

    continue reading

read all news & events >

About Us

Our Values

In recognition of our values and standards, REINSURANCE SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL has been conferred Chartered status by the CII.
In everything we do, we stand for:

  • Making a difference in our service delivery
  • Fast communications to the customer.
  • High professional standards.
  • Respect of high ethical code and good governance.
  • Innovation and niche products offering.

 

History

Our origins can be traced back to 1935 when Alexander Forbes (AF) started in South Africa. In 1997, AF created its subsidiary in Mauritius, initially naming the company PF (Mauritius) Ltd but later changing the name to Alexander Forbes Mauritius; and afterwards to Reinsurance Solutions, when AF sold its entire shareholding.

Origins

Alexander Forbes’s birth in South Africa 1935  
  1997 Alexander Forbes Mauritius
Alexander Forbes International
Start in Mauritius (after change of name)
Reinsurance Solutions (Mauritius) Ltd
Reinsurance Solutions International Ltd
2007  
  2012 An African investor consortium acquires 65% in
April 2012 of the shareholding with Management holding 35%
  2014 Reinsurance Solutions Keyna Ltd: Liaison Office
Reinsurance Solutions Abidjan Ltée: Liaison Office 2015  
  2016 Reinsurance Solutions London Ltd : Broking Office

Current Profile

“Reinsurance Solutions” is our trading name and brand for 5 companies:

  • Reinsurance Solutions (Mauritius) Limited – RSM
  • Reinsurance Solutions International Ltd – RSI
  • Reinsurance Solutions Kenya Limited – RSK
  • Reinsurance Solutions Abidjan Ltée (RSA)
  • Reinsurance Solutions London Ltd (RSL)

All are ultimately owned by the holding company in Mauritius, which is a joint venture between an African investor consortium owning 65% and the remaining 35% belonging to a Management consortium.

The Group has 32 staff members, out of which 20 are based at the Head Office in Mauritius; 5 are based in the Liaison Office in Kenya, 4 in Abidjan and 3 in London. All are devoted full time to the company and passionate of their jobs in their ultimate desire to serve the African insurance industry to their fullest ability.We are regulated by the Financial Services Commission (FSC) in Mauritius, whereas the subsidiaries in Kenya, Côte d’Ivoire and UK are regulated by the competent authorities in those countries.

We are regulated by the Financial Services Commission (FSC) in Mauritius, whereas the subsidiaries in Kenya, Côte d’Ivoire and UK are regulated by the competent authorities in those countries.